My Top 40 Quotes For Gratitude
Updated: Sep 12
Dear friends and readers I wanted to share my top 40 favourite quotes on Gratitude with you. I love reading and sharing quotes in my class and on social media and thought it would be a great idea to blog about it. I am always in search for quotes and thought you maybe too!
Gratitude is a powerful way to help us feel grateful and contentment for everything we have right here and now. It brings us into a state of peace and allows us to look beyond our worries and woes. It also opens us up to feel more of the same feeling allowing more things on that frequency to enter our existence.
These beautiful quotes could be used in your Yoga class if you are a teacher or just to read to yourself for inspiration and motivation. You could even put them onto cards as a gift. I hope you enjoy reading them. I would love you to share your favourite quotes in the comments.
1. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” ― Melody Beattie
2. “Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state of existence, we must work at it, akin to a type of strength training for the heart.” – Larissa Gomez
3. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
4. “Your life is a sacred journey. It is about change, growth, discovery, movement, transformation, continuously expanding your vision of what is possible, stretching your soul, learning to see clearly and deeply, listening to your intuition, taking courageous risks, embracing challenges at every step along the way. You are on the path. Exactly where you are meant to be right now… And from here, you can only go forward, sharpening your life story into a magnificent tale of triumph, of healing, of courage, beauty, wisdom, power, dignity and love.” - Caroline Joy Adams
5. “Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutralizer of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation. It is savoring; it is not taking things for granted; it is present-oriented.” – Sonja Lyubomirsky
Above are my top 5 quotes, but below I would like to share with you another 35 quotes on gratitude that you may like or use or like to share.
6. "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude." - Denis Waitley
7. "Give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation in awe of everything you see around you. Go outside and turn your attention to the many miracles around you. This five-minute-a-day regimen of appreciation and gratitude will help you to focus your life in awe." - Wayne Dyer
8. “The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.” – Wayne Dyer
9. "Gratitude is one of the strongest and most transformative states of being. It shifts your perspective from lack to abundance and allows you to focus on the good in your life, which in turn pulls more goodness into your reality." - Jen Sincero
10. “Every day, think as you wake up: Today I am fortunate to have woken up. I am alive. I have a precious human life. I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry, or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” - Dala Lama
11. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” ― Anthony Robbins
12. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” ― Charles Dickens
13. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” ― Eckhart Tolle
14. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” ― John F. Kennedy
15. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” — Buddha
16. "I live in the space of thankfulness — and for that, I have been rewarded a million times over. I started out giving thanks for small things, and the more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased. That’s because — for sure — what you focus on expands. When you focus on the goodness in life, you create more of it." - Oprah Winfrey
17. "Being grateful all the time isn’t easy. But it’s when you least feel thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you: perspective. Gratitude can transform any situation. It alters your vibration, moving you from negative energy to positive. It’s the quickest, easiest most powerful way to effect change in your life — this I know for sure." - Oprah Winfrey
18. "I don’t believe in waiting for great feelings. I need to wire myself for positivity and gratitude. I need to build a highway to those." - Tony Robbins
19. "The third element of success is your state: You must replace a default state of pessimism or anger with one of determination, of will, of generosity, of curiosity, of gratitude. The more we can put ourselves in such beautiful states rather than suffering states, the more they become habits of being and we end up making better decisions." - Tony Robbins
20. "Gratitude is a divine attitude in the wisdom traditions. It takes you out of the ego self and takes you into the higher self. That higher state of consciousness initiates self-repair, self-regulation, and healing." - Deepak Chopra
21. "Gratitude opens the door to… the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude." - Deepak Chopra
22. "Gratitude is a state of being in which we feel connected to everything in the universe. It is a fullness of the heart that recognizes the blessings of nature within and without. Gratitude is love for the goodness of life itself." - Deepak Chopra
23. "Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good." Maya Angelou
24. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” —Gilbert K. Chesterton
25. “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” —Zig Ziglar
26. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” —Oprah Winfrey
27. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” —Robert Brault
28. "It is good to say, “Hello, how are you? Good morning, my Creator. Thank you very much.” It is called gratitude. Attitude of gratitude brings you opportunities beyond your concept. And when the prayer becomes the vibration of the soul, mind, and self, we can create a miracle." - Yogi Bhajan
29. "To start with, you should have an attitude of gratitude. Without an attitude of gratitude, neither prosperity nor pleasure, joy nor happiness means anything, and it works this way: to those who have an attitude of gratitude and who do it with innocence, Mother Nature brings all the wealth, health, and happiness." - Yogi Bhajan
30. "The attitude of gratitude is the highest way of living, and is the biggest truth, the highest truth. You cannot live with applied consciousness until you understand that you have to be grateful for what you have. If you are grateful for what you have, then Mother Nature will give you more." - Yogi Bhajan
31. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." — Bible, Philippians
32. "When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time. Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?" — G.K. Chesterton
33. "For each new morning with its light,For rest and shelter of the night,For health and food, for love and friends,For everything Thy goodness sends." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
34. “You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
35. “When we become more fully aware that our success is due in large measure to the loyalty, helpfulness, and encouragement we have received from others, our desire grows to pass on similar gifts. Gratitude spurs us on to prove ourselves worthy of what others have done for us. The spirit of gratitude is a powerful energizer.” — Wilferd A. Peterson
36. “Thou that has given so much to me,Give one thing more–a grateful heart;Not thankful when it pleaseth me,As if thy blessings had spare days;But such a heart, whose pulse may beThy praise.”– George Herbert
37. “True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing. The greatest blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach. A wise man is content with his lot, whatever it may be, without wishing for what he has not.“Seneca
38. “The more you are grateful for what you have the more you can live fully in the present. When you live in the present moment the greater you can build stepping stones for a brighter future.“Dana Arcuri
39. “Finding happiness should not be seen as finding a needle in a haystack. Happiness is within. Each day is a blessing that brings an abundance of happiness. Therefore, finding happiness should be like finding a gift in a stack of gifts.“Steve Maraboli
40. “Write thank-you letters. On a practical level, it’s just common sense. People like doing things for people who are grateful. I’ve talked to employers who say that the applicants who send a thank-you letter after an interview go right to the top of the pile.” —David Sedaris
Thank you for reading and please don't forget to share and support this page. If you would like me to cover any specific topic or would like to share your writing on this blog, please get in touch with me. I would love to hear from you. Love and Light Katya
Adding a bonus poem below!
Poem - This year, give thanks, for everything.
"Let the tingle of gratitude move into the bones of your body, from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. With each beat of your heart, “Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.”
Dance for the joy, for the love, for the freedom, for the food in your belly, for the beating hearts of the beings that surround you.
Sing for the sorrows, for the heartbreak, for the sadness you can’t seem to shake, for the losses, for all those faces that no longer exist in this realm. Speak with words that come straight from your heart, be honest, be kind, be love." - Bryonie Wise
Love and Hugs, Namaste - Katya.
The Little Book of Gratitude
This is a perfect little fact based book for yourself or as a gift, exploring mindfulness.
Share many more wonderful quotes and further reading on these beautiful websites below:
#gratitudequotes #quotesongratitude #bestquotesongratitude #thoughtfulquotesongratitude #gratitude #40quotesongratitude #lotusfloweryoga #lotusfloweryogablog #thankfulquotes #thankyouquotes #quotesforyogaclass #quotestouseinteaching