Yoga Fusion Classes
Welcome to Yoga Fusion! Yoga fusion is a combination of traditional yoga poses with other forms of exercises like Pilates, kick boxing and resistance training. If you are already practicing yoga, yoga fusion will add intensity into your routine. If you are into cardio or strength training, yoga fusion will add the benefits of yoga like mindfulness and flexibility into your training program.
Understanding Yoga Fusion
Yoga fusion is a medium intensity exercise made by blending yoga with other popular forms of exercises. The intensity can vary depending on the type of postures and exercises that go into the mixture. Yoga fusion mainly targets your core, arms, legs, glutes and back. Yoga along with Pilates is a combination that works very well for your core muscles. It also strengthens your muscles besides improving the flexibility of your body. Although there are exceptions, difficult poses and demanding exercises are not usually a part of yoga fusion. It can be done indoors or outdoors and you don’t need special equipment to do it.
Typical yoga fusion classes start with a short warm-up routine followed by cardio and strength training. You will then move on to breathing exercises followed by flexibility and balance training.
The Advantages Of Yoga Fusion
Mixing traditional yoga postures with exercise moves gives you some unique advantages that are not available in other styles of yoga.
- You burn more calories than traditional yoga besides getting the benefits of cardio and strength training.
- You get the health benefits of yoga like stress reduction and improved body flexibility. The cardio component helps prevent lifestyle-related diseases like obesity, hypertension, heart problems and diabetes.
- It introduces a mindfulness component into your exercise routine. It calms your mind and improves your concentration.
- Unlike traditional yoga, yoga fusion has many variants. Yoga can be combined in many ways with different exercises. It’s thus easier to customize yoga fusion for your requirements.
Is Yoga Fusion For You?
Yoga fusion is a good idea for those who know yoga basics and wish to add more intensity. It also works well if you have a rigorous exercise regimen and need a reduction in intensity or if you wish to add a yoga component to it for additional benefits.
Knowing basic yoga poses makes it easier for you to switch to yoga fusion. If you are totally new to yoga, you may want to join a basic yoga class before you start yoga fusion.
For people with diabetes, yoga fusion can help bring blood sugar levels to normal. However, if you have other problems like high blood pressure or heart disease, some postures may not be suitable for you and the intensity may need to be toned down. If you have problems like arthritis, knee or back pain, some postures may need adjustments.
If you have any health conditions, you must consult your doctor or therapist before you start yoga fusion. Always discuss any relevant health issue with your teacher so that any necessary adjustments can be made.
Benefits Of Yoga Fusion
You can expect the following benefits from yoga fusion.
1. By combining the techniques of traditional exercise with yoga, you will be able to target all major muscle groups.
2. If you are practicing only traditional yoga, you can make it more challenging by switching to fusion.
3. It helps you improve your strength and stamina while you continue to reap the physical, mental and spiritual benefits of yoga.
4. It gives you a comprehensive exercise package to improve strength, flexibility and stamina.